- Affordable Bag-in-Box Filler for Starting Up BiB Business
- More charges filed against ex-Pleasantville officer accused of having sexual contact with teenager
- Body found in car parked in Fort Worth field; man, 53, had been shot dead, police say
- Bail reform advocates mostly silent on Waukesha parade killing suspect Darrell Brooks' $5M bail
- Man set for trial in Longmont attempted murder case
- Boy, 16, arrested for fatal shooting outside Brooklyn Mexican restaurant sparked by marijuana disput
- Does GA have the death penalty? Here's what to know
- Hawaii groups want US to shut down military fuel tanks
- Doggie dupe, toxic Tahoe cables, semiconductor plant: News from around our 50 states
- San Francisco TV news crew's security guard shot during attempted robbery and reporter's c
- Supreme Court to hear case on New York's gun permit law
- EnergySage Teams Up With Intuit as a Founding Partner on the Intuit Climate Action Marketplace™
- Man sentenced to probation, work release in sexual assault case involving Erie teen
- Biden colon polyp benign but "thought to be precancerous," White House physician says
- Winnebago County Coroner's office identifies 15-year-old shooting victim
- Breaking: Double shooting in Petersburg on Thanksgiving Eve
- Family of slain Mora man concerned about shooter's ties to judges, ask AG to step in
- Man accused of running prostitution ring in Boulder County
- Deal on $2T Biden package, seems close but elusive
- Washington police officer shot after trying to stop burglary while off duty
- UN investigator: North Korea has never been more isolated
- Dems hope power of presidency can help Virginia gov's race
- Nine indicted in ‘large-scale drug trafficking organization’ operating out of Lexington
- Trial date set for Hamilton chiropractor charged with sex offenses
- 43 people indicted in Butler and Warren counties
- Man in hospital after shooting in Springfield late Thursday
- Vaccine mandates stoked fears of labor shortages. But hospitals say they're working.
- Testimony begins in murder trial of 3 ex-deputies
- Once again we must ask if our MPs are adequately protected after death of Sir David Amess
- Turkey's Erdogan bids farewell to Merkel after 16 years
A page of Spider-Man comic book history just sold for $3 million
- Post Time
- This URL
By Scottie Andrew, CNN
Updated: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 14:51:02 GMT
A seminal moment of Spider-Man history, sketched on a single page of a Marvel comic, just became the most expensive page from a comic book ever sold at auction.
The page, which depicts Spider-Man's first time donning the infamous all-black suit, fetched $3.36 million at auction earlier this week, becoming the "world's most valuable page of original comic book artwork," according to Heritage Auctions.
Another page from the same comic was sold for $288,000. Together, the two pages of Spider-Man history sold for $3,648,000, Heritage Auctions said.
"Today's results prove what we've long been saying: Comic book art is as beloved and valuable as anything put on canvas," said Joe Mannarino, who heads Heritage Auctions' department of comics and comic art in New York, in a statement.
The auction house didn't reveal the winning bidder, but whoever it was clearly knew their Spider-Man history. The pages came from the Marvel crossover series "Secret Wars," in which beloved heroes squared off against classic villains on a planet called Battleworld. In the eighth installment of the limited series, published in 1984, Spidey encounters an alien symbiote -- sound familiar? -- who gloms onto his traditional red-and-blue suit, which he damaged in battle.
"That glob just -- just spread out and became a costume -- and dissolved away the tatters of my old one in the process!" Spidey exclaims on the 25th page.
But once our web-slinger dons his new suit, the symbiote drastically alters his personality -- per Marvel, he's no longer a quippy good guy but a "vengeance-fueled vigilante."
Spider-Man eventually splits from the symbiote after the conclusion of "Secret Wars" -- long story, but Mister Fantastic himself has to do some science to get it off Spidey once and for all -- and that alien goo finds its way to a more suitable host -- Eddie Brock, who goes on to become Venom.
The film version of Spidey found his way to the black suit, too, though the fusion earned decidedly mixed reviews. In "Spider-Man 3," Tobey Maguire's Peter Parker donned the symbiote suit and got snippy with his beloved Mary Jane, damaging their relationship. It also inflated his ego to the point where he danced in the streets of Manhattan, an uncomfortable but eternal piece of film history.
Cow wb split leather if you interested in please contact me
want to check with you whether have PM/troubleshooting/repair support at Malaysia side on the torque tester equipment. Let me know if you have.
can contact me with smheng (at) micron.com.
Please advise your price CIF Budapest / Hungary for two containers 40 ft RFDC and high fat fine with packing 25 kg under our label
Advise your payment condition , the soonest shipment time and send us the specification of your product
Is there is possibility to choose specific models of ricoh copiers. Kindly send to
zahraa.hr.assistant (at) samaalyamama.iq